- Search Virtual Ephrata
powered by FreeFind
- Ephrata Community
- 169 Martin Avenue, P.O. Box 1002, Ephrata,
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Everybody can be great because
anybody can serve...You only need a heart full of grace and a
soul generated by love."
- Martin Luther King
- Volunteers help us fulfill our mission
to provide quality, compassionate and cost-effective healthcare
in northern Lancaster County.
- Why Should I Volunteer?
- If you like to help others, have a professional
attitude and want to learn, volunteering is for you! The minimum
age requirement to volunteer at Ephrata Community Hospital is
16 years of age.
- What Volunteer Opportunities Are Available?
- There are assignments that involve patient
interaction, as well as behind-the-scenes opportunities. Volunteers
transport patients, clerk in the gift shop, provide office assistance,
and fill water pitchers. Check the "What's New" page for current openings.
- Another opportunity to serve is by joining
the Ephrata Community Hospital Auxiliary. Members donate their
time and skills to promote the Hospital within the community
by planning activities like Hospital Day in the Park, the Starlight
Gala and Basket Bingo. There is an opportunity for everyone!
For more information, call the Auxiliary Liaison at 738-3556.
- Do I Receive Training?
- As a new volunteer, you will attend a
general orientation to help you become familiarized with the
Hospital and its policies. In addition, you will receive training
in the department where you will be assigned. Annual inservices
will keep you informed on important Hospital policies and procedures.
- Length of Service
- Most volunteers contribute a weekly 4-hour
shift. Due to the orientation and training that we are mandated
to provide all paid and non-paid workers, we typically request
a 3 to 6 month minimum commitment.
- How Do I Get Involved?
- Volunteering at Ephrata Community Hospital
is easy! Just call the Volunteer Coordinator at 738-6117 or download
an application here.
- THERE ARE OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP
AT EPHRATA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL!
- Healthy Beginnings Plus, an assistance
program for new mothers in need, and the Pediatrics Department
are always in need of toys, children's books and videos and other
baby items. For a specific list of needed items, please contact
Healthy Beginnings Plus at 738-6695 or the Pediatrics Department
- The Emergency Department is in need of
NEW stuffed animals. The ED staff offers stuffed animals
to help ease the anxiety and discomfort of children undergoing
- If you have a specific idea for a graduation
or service project, please contact Joanne Eshelman or Amy Walsh
in the Public Relations Office at 738-3556.